Caritas means love and compassion in Latin.
This is the basis of all we do at Caritas Medical center.
We practice "High Tech, High Touch Medicine."
Dr. Leo Ovadje offers comprehensive care of Kidney Diseases, Hypertension and Internal Medicine.
- Diagnosis and treatment of kidney disorders with special interest in diabetic and hypertensive kidney disease.
- Management of chronic kidney disease to prevent or delay progression to dialysis.
- Management of patients on dialysis with emphasis on improving quality of life and arranging evaluation for kidney transplant.
- Treatment of difficult to control hypertension.
- Management of salt and water, acid base and electrolyte disturbances.
- At Caritas we spend time on patient education as we believe an enlightened patient is more likely to adhere to treatment and thus have a successful outcome.
- We offer same day scheduling so the days of waiting months to see the kidney/hypertension specialist are history in the “Southern Crescent” area.
- We e-prescribe so your prescriptions are sent to your pharmacy while you are still in the office, decreasing or even eliminating your wait time at the pharmacy.
- We use electronic medical records so legible office notes are sent to referring doctors within 48 hours of the visit and in most cases 24 hours.
- Patients can request appointments online at our secure portal.
Our fees are standardized taking into account the time and skill required for the consultation/procedure. We are participating providers for Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans. Deductibles are due at the time of service. Please be sure to provide us with complete insurance information or changes when you check in.
Prescription and Refills:
Prescription and refills are issued during office hours only. It is difficult for the on-call physician to determine if a prescription or refill is appropriate.